British Gas is a publicly owned British company that is focused on energy. The main office of the company is in Staines upon Thames, United Kingdom. The origins of British Gas date back to The Gas Light and Coke Company. Being the first corporation of public services on the planet, it was established by Frederick Albert Winsor in 1812. The company grew during tens of decades and continued its life under the name of British Gas Corporation since 1973 and British Gas Plc since 1986. British Gas provides its clients with heating systems, plumbing and draining services, gas, electricity and some renewable energy sources. Today the company employs more than 28 thousand people to provide household services to more than 12 million houses in the United Kingdom.
British Gas Application Online
British Gas continues to offer career opportunities for many positions. British Gas was employment opportunities for all its departments in the past year, and aims to continue this with new stores. You can continue reading to download the printable application form and to apply online.
British Gas is part of the Centrica Group of companies – we’re the company that supplies energy to millions of homes and offices around the UK. We look after our customers’ worlds everyday by providing value for money, dedicated customer service, innovative energy solutions and the highest quality Home Care expertise in the country.
British Gas Job Vacancies And Opportunities
There are a lot of job opportunities at British Gas. Being a popular and fast growing company destination, there is always a need for skilled and interesting professionals at British Gas. Interested candidates can get placed in this organization on the basis of their merits.
There are many full time and past time British Gas jobs. Many young and experienced candidates get good jobs at British Gas every year.
When will you hear back?
You will receive an email notification telling you that we have received your application, and confirmation that your application is being progressed. Your application is very important to us and we make every effort to ensure that you are kept informed at every stage of the process.
Your application will be reviewed by our recruitment team or the recruiting manager to check the match between your experience and skills and those required by the role. Telephone interviews may be conducted for some roles.
If your application is successful, depending on the role, you will be invited to attend an assessment or interview. Assessments may be carried out at a local venue or you may be required to travel to one of our central assessment venues.
Each assessment event is individually designed to ensure the evidence obtained during the selection process reflects the key requirements/competencies for the role. Typically, these events may include a behavioural and technical competency based interview and may include other assessment tools such as role-plays, work-based scenarios, group exercises or presentations.
British Gas also recognises the value of ability tests and personality questionnaires in the selection process and may use these if appropriate to the role. You will be required to bring with you all relevant qualification certificates, proof of identification in the form of a passport or full birth certificate, proof of address and driver’s licence (card and counterpart) to assessments/interviews.
Keeping you informed
Following each stage of the selection process, you will be contacted to advise you on your progress. If successful, we will talk through the details of your provisional offer, and you will, of course, receive written confirmation of the offer and a contract pack including offer forms to complete. Even if you are not a successful match for a particular role, we will happily provide feedback on how you performed in the selection process. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, it is not always possible to provide feedback to candidates who are not progressed to an interview/assessment.
All offers are subject to satisfactory references. Some roles are subject to medical, eye test, credit history and criminal record checks, please be honest about any unspent convictions that you may have.
British Gas Application Form
At British Gas job vacancies are therefore available mostly all the time for hourly entry-level positions. You could begin with a simple location-based search. British Gas job application form can be filled online only where you can build your resume, however, students and entry-level operators don’t need prior experience.
It has a wide range of departments from manufacturing to retailing, so check them out before filling British Gas job application online.
Customer Sales Advisor
As a Customer Service Advisor in our Outbound Dialler Team, your role is to ensure that every British Gas customer receives excellent service. This will be achieved through ensuring that you and your team understand what excellent customer service looks and sounds like and will provide the highest level of satisfaction by following up on generated leads.
If you’ve got outstanding interpersonal skills, comfortable in a sales environment and take pride in giving your best, our comprehensive two weeks training will give you the knowledge to deliver a first-class customer experience.
On top of our highly competitive salary of £18,131, raising to £19,573 we also offer a quarterly performance related bonus, pension, share schemes, 23 days paid holiday, company discounts and a host of flexible benefits that can be tailored to your lifestyle.
You’ll also need to be flexible, we are here for our customers 6 days a week, Monday to Friday 9am until 7pm and Saturday 9am to 5pm and shift patterns reflect this. There will also be a requirement for you to work 4 out of 8 bank holidays.
Consumer Insight Executive
What will you be up to;
- Work with key stakeholders (mainly Brand and Marketing teams) to understand the business challenge from briefs and translating it into research requirements focusing on value add, priority projects
- Support the Insight Managers in delivery of key projects
- Deliver primary and secondary market research in a robust fashion to inform strategic decision making
- Advise on methodology, utilising a combination of primary and secondary qualitative and quantitative tools and sources.
- Draw on other sources and previous studies as appropriate, and feed this back to the business
- Develop and sign off proposals, questionnaires and topic guides and attend fieldwork (where relevant)
- Provide clear recommendations, ensuring ‘why’ and ‘so what’ are always delivered and actions can be taken.
- Build a strong relationship with agencies to maximise value from those relationships
- Ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget
- Within all aspects of the role put the Customer at the heart of decision making and support the UK ambition to lead the digital transformation of our industry
- Work flexibly with colleagues in the Insight & Research team to deliver the team’s objectives
To be brilliant in this role you will have/be;
- Strong understanding of qualitative and quantitative market research methodologies and translating outputs into actionable insights
- Ability to work independently within the context of the wider Research and Insight team
- Solid project management skills and proven ability to deliver projects from end-to-end
- Excellent relationship building and relationship management, internally and externally
- Robust influencing skills
- Highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Confident and effective communication skills (both written and verbal)
Application Link; Official Site.