Hennes & Mauritz AB, shortly H&M, is a Swedish international wholesaler of clothing. It’s famous for producing and selling apparel items both for men and women, as well as children. H&M has its main office in Stockholm, Sweden. As of the end of 2019, the company runs more than 5000 outlets in 74 countries around the world. Also, its online stores are accessible in 33 countries. 126 thousand people are employed in the company. After Spanish Inditex, H&M is the world’s second-biggest clothing wholesaler. H&M was established in 1947, by Erling Persson, with the opening of the first store in Vasteras, Sweden. This store was named Hennes and it was focused on women’s apparel. In 1968, the company’s name altered to Hennes & Mauritz after Persson obtained the clothing wholesaler Mauritz Widforss and then H&M started to work with men’s apparel as well. As of 2019, there are 305 stores of the company in the UK. Although Covid-19 affected it adversely, the plan for 2021 is to expand even more in the country.
H&M is a truly remarkable fast fashion brand that is so popular in the United Kingdom and the whole world. It is very known for the clothing choices for people who are interested in alternative fashion. But not only that, but H&M is also very known for the quality of the products and how good they look. The people who have a good artistic view can happily work at H&M and be very satisfied with their jobs. So if you are one of them, make sure you apply for a job position at H&M.
H&M Application Online
In 2018, H&M continues to offer career opportunities for many positions. H&M was employment opportunities for all its departments in the past year, and aims to continue this with new stores. You can continue reading to download the printable application form and to apply online.
How to Apply
- Go to the official career website of H&M that is designed for job applicants living in the UK.
- There is a filter on the page. You can choose from the categories, region, city, and type of job to customize your application process. You can also text anything freely to make it easier for you.
- Click on the “Search” sign on the right of the page.
- You will see a list of jobs below on the page. Evaluate the jobs one by one regarding your interest and if you like one of them click on the “Apply” button on the right.
- Further information will be provided on the next page. You will see the job type, the job timetable, salary and the location of the job. If the job position is interesting for you and suitable for your future career plans, click on the “Apply” button.
- You can also save the job position for the next time to evaluate the other job positions.
- You need to fill out the application form, your personal contact information and make sure that your CV is on the form.
- You can also share the details of the job position with your friends via email or any social media accounts by clicking on the signs.
- You are ready to submit your application form now. Click on the “Apply” button at the bottom of the page.
- Finalize your application by submitting your form to the company.
Minimum age to work at H&M: The age limit is 16 years or older.
Working Time: Varies depending on the position.
H&M Job Vacancies And Opportunities
There are a lot of job opportunities at H&M. Being a popular and fast-growing company destination, there is always a need for skilled and interesting professionals at H&M. Interested candidates can get placed in this organization on the basis of their merits.
There are many full-time and part-time jobs at H&M. Many young and experienced candidates get nice jobs at H&M every year.
H&M Available Positions
- Sales Advisor (Parttime – Full Time)
- Department Manager,
- Visual Merchandiser,
- Team Leader.
This is a Part-Time Sales Advisor position that requires you to work between 20 hours and 30 hours per week depending on the needs of the business.
Are you ready for a customer-focused, action-packed career at the heart of our company?
Find your place in a fast-moving environment where you create the optimal shopping experience, with excellent customer service in a global fashion setting. We are offering a job where every day is a challenge, where only you set the limits to your career possibilities, and where your personal growth and development is just as important as our business.
The job of an H&M Sales Advisor comes with a range of responsibilities –and lots of rewards. Your to-do list includes:
– Providing excellent customer service to maximise sales on the sales floor, in the fitting rooms and at the cash desk.
– Actively working with garments – ensuring our high standards are maintained at all times.
– Processing our customer transactions at the cash desk.
– Receiving and processing our deliveries.
– Helping to prepare our season sales, designer collaborations and regular seasonal campaigns.
– Following our store routines, policies and guidelines to assist in loss prevention and safety in the store.
– Working well in the team and actively supporting your colleagues
H&M Application Form PDF
At H&M job vacancies are therefore available mostly all the time for hourly entry-level positions. You could begin with a simple location-based search. H&M job application form can be filled online only where you can build your resume, however, students and entry-level operators don’t need prior experience.
It has a wide range of departments from manufacturing to retailing, so check them out before filling H&M job application online.
Application Link; Official Site.
H&M Job Application Process
You can learn the H&M job application process by following the steps below. There are similar processes for candidates who apply to H&M online or in person.
- The first thing we missed when applying for a job is the preparation of a resume and cover letter. In general, when applying, we apply with a CV that is out-of-date. Even though we do not know this, we are making this mistake. H&M wants you to fill in all the steps you need from your CV. If you have, add references absolutely.
- Job Applications. You can apply for H&M online, by e-mail, or in person. Whichever job you apply for, make sure that you apply the H&M specific instructions to make the application.
- Tests. When applying online for H&M, you can have a short test. Depending on the answers you have, you will be approved or rejected. This test generally controls your ethical values and compliance with working conditions.
- Interview. If you are in the H&M interview phase, you will have a phone call or a face-to-face conversation with the recruitment staff or manager. They will give you the information you need before you accept them.
- In the last stage, H&M makes a job offer. If you have adopted H&M work facilities, you can accept this offer. Otherwise you may want some time to think. If you accept the job you will start the management process and you will be promised to start the job on the date officially agreed
H&M Job Opportunities & Vacancies
There are many job opportunities for interested people at H&M. Since this retail brand is getting more popular with every passing year, people are very curious to see and use their products. This has led to a lot of expansion of H&M. There are many outlets in different places. This has led to a lot of jobs for many people. You too can be a part of H&M. With people asking specifically for clothes sold here, there is a lot of growth in this company. With the help of talented people, H&M is expected to grow and be a bigger brand than what it is today. So, look for a job today and start working for this organization.
H&M Job Application Process
The application process at H&M is simple to follow. The candidates should apply for the job of their choice. From the applications received, H&M calls candidates for the interview. This is the last step where candidates have to present themselves well. The candidates have to be suitable for the job they have applied for. This makes the selection easier for H&M. Depending on the type of job applied, the application process may change. Overall, this format is followed during the selection. It helps in selecting the right candidates for all positions.
H&M Salary Info
Here are two positions that are popular at H&M:
Retail Sales Assistant: A retail sales assistant is expected to increase the sales of the company. In return for this, the person makes about 6 pounds per hour at H&M.
Sales Advisor: Since the growth of the business depends on sales, it is important to have a motivated sales advisor who can push the sales of various products. In return, the sales advisor makes about 7 pounds per hour.
- Store Manager – £30,979 per year
- Retail Sales Associate – £28,250 per year
- Sales Advisor – £7.17 per hour
- Part-time Sales Advisor – Hourly £7.07
- Customer Service Representative – £14,730 per year
- Truck Driver – £11.25 per hour
- Shop for even less
- Training and development
- Reviews and open dialogues
- Other good reasons to work for H&M
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible Working
- Company Maternity / Paternity Pay
- Company Sick Pay
- Company Paid Holidays
- Long service holiday awards
- Incentive Bonus
- Long Service Awards
- Opportunities to work in other H&M markets overseas