Makro is a multinational warehouse brand. At Makro stores in the UK and in South Africa, you can find electronics, houseware, outdoor equipment, and food such as fresh fish and meat. The first store of the company was opened in Amsterdam, Holland in 1968. Makro expanded into South Africa in 1971, after opening more outlets in Europe. The initial Makro store in the United Kingdom was opened in the same year, in Eccles, Manchester. Today, Makro runs 30 outlets in the United Kingdom and 22 stores in South Africa. The UK stores are currently owned by Booker Group and the stores in South Africa are currently owned by Massmart.
Makro is a growing business with great opportunities for its staff. The company focuses on the transfer of learning in the workplace to aid the optimization of individual growth and performance. You will have the ability to choose a career that would suit your profile at Makro since the company offers a wide range of job opportunities. Explore different career opportunities with a leading business and start a new chapter in your career today!
Makro Application Online
Makro continues to offer career opportunities for job seekers with different backgrounds. Makro was offering employment opportunities for all its departments in recent years, and aims to continue this trend with its new stores. You can continue reading this page to learn how you can apply to Makro online.
How to Apply
The application process is different for job seekers living in the UK and those living in South Africa.
For Applicants in the United Kingdom
If you are living in the UK, you can go to the official career website of Booker Group, which is the parent company of Makro, and make an online job application for a job at your local Makro store. Unfortunately, there were no job openings listed on the official company website when this article was written. Therefore, we can recommend you to check whether there are job openings on any other job application websites. Follow these steps to apply for a job at a Makro store in the UK:
- Go to a job application website that shows jobs at Makro.
- There are different sections you can choose from. These are Charity, Marketing, Part-Time and Retail sections. There are also more. Choose one of these departments to proceed.
- You will be provided with a list of jobs on the next page. Location, hours, and a bit of information about the position are explained.
- Click on the “Apply Now” button to continue your process.
- You need to log in to see the further information provided. If you don’t have an account, you can click on the “Register & Apply” button at the bottom of the page.
- You can also save the job position opportunity for later to evaluate the other jobs on the list by clicking on the “Save” button.
- After creating an account, you need to upload your well-prepared CV with an appropriate photo on it.
- Provide your personal information on the application form. Click on the “Next” button to continue.
- Accept the privacy agreement of the company. On the next page, you are ready to finalize your application by submitting your form.
For Applicants in South Africa
If you are living in South Africa, you can apply for a job at Makro online on the career website of Makro. The job openings are updated periodically on the career website. In case you can’t find any job openings on the career website, you can feel free to visit a Makro store in your location, find a store manager, and make an employment inquiry. You can find the addresses of Makro stores in South Africa by using the company’s store locator tool.
Minimum age to work at Makro: The age limit is 16 years or older.
Working Time: Varies depending on the position.
Makro Job Vacancies And Opportunities
There are a lot of job opportunities at Makro. Being a popular and fast-growing company destination, there is always a need for skilled and interesting professionals at Makro. Interested candidates can get placed in this organization on the basis of their merits.
There are many full-time and part-time jobs at Makro. Many young and experienced candidates get good jobs at Makro every year.
- Delivery Driver,
- Customer Service Supervisor,
- Temporary Customer Service Supervisor,
- Field Sales Manager,
- Temporary Non-Food Manager
If you are looking to utilise your experience in more local driving and being a key member of our delivery team – this may be the role for you. Working 38 hours per week you will enjoy a varied role driving locally as well as building relationships with our regular customers. You will be required to load cages and pallets at the branch and unload them at customer premises.
Responsible for the accurate picking and dispatch of goods by picking against a handheld terminal and advising the Manager of any differences. Checking quality, shelf life and ensuring packaging is robust in preparation for Delivery. Responsible for providing a high standard of customer service by processing deliveries efficiently and to target. Being polite when dealing with delivery staff and responding appropriately to queries and complaints referring any complex situations to someone who can help.
Makro Application Form
At Makro, vacancies are therefore available mostly all the time for hourly entry-level positions. You could begin with a simple location-based search. Makro job application form can be filled online only where you can build your resume, however, students and entry-level operators don’t need prior experience.
It has a wide range of departments from manufacturing to retailing, so check them out before filling the Makro job application form online.