Makro is a multinational warehouse brand. The Makro stores around the world belong to three different corporations. The shares belong to Metro AG in Europe, SHV Holdings in South America and CP ALL in Asia. The corporation provides its customers with electronics, houseware, outdoor equipment and food, such as fresh fish and meat. The main offices of those companies are in Düsseldorf, Utrecht and Bangkok. The first store of the company was opened in Amsterdam in 1968 by SHV. The corporation expanded into South Africa in 1971, after opening more outlets in Europe. The initial Makro store in the United Kingdom was opened in the same year, in Eccles, Manchester. The growth in Asia began with the first store in Thailand, in 1988. Today Makro runs 30 outlets in the United Kingdom. Makro UK was purchased by Booker Group in 2012 and is running the business as Booker/Makro since then.
Makro is a growing business with great opportunities for its staff. The company focuses on the transfer of learning in the workplace to aid the optimization of individual growth and performance. You will have the ability to choose a career that would suit your profile at Makro since the company offers a wide range of job opportunities. Explore different career opportunities with a leading business and start a new chapter in your career today!
Makro Application Online
In 2018, Makro continues to offer career opportunities for many positions. Makro was employment opportunities for all its departments in the past year, and aims to continue this with new stores. You can continue reading to download the printable application form and to apply online.
How to Apply
You can go to the official career website of Booker Group, which is the parent company of Makro, and make an online job application for a job at your local Makro store. Unfortunately, there were no job openings listed on the official company website when this article was written. Therefore, we can recommend you to check whether there are job openings on any other job application websites.
- Go to a job application website that shows jobs at Makro.
- There are different sections you can choose from. These are Charity, Marketing, Part-Time and Retail sections. There are also more. Choose one of these departments to proceed.
- You will be provided with a list of jobs on the next page. Location, hours, and a bit of information about the position are explained.
- Click on the “Apply Now” button to continue your process.
- You need to log in to see the further information provided. If you don’t have an account, you can click on the “Register & Apply” button at the bottom of the page.
- You can also save the job position opportunity for later to evaluate the other jobs on the list by clicking on the “Save” button.
- After creating an account, you need to upload your well-prepared CV with an appropriate photo on it.
- Provide your personal information on the application form. Click on the “Next” button to continue.
- Accept the privacy agreement of the company. On the next page, you are ready to finalize your application by submitting your form.
Minimum age to work at Makro: The age limit is 16 years or older.
Working Time: Varies depending on the position.
Makro Job Vacancies And Opportunities
There are a lot of job opportunities at Makro. Being a popular and fast-growing company destination, there is always a need for skilled and interesting professionals at Makro. Interested candidates can get placed in this organization on the basis of their merits.
There are many full-time and part-time jobs at Makro. Many young and experienced candidates get good jobs at Makro every year.
Makro Available Positions
- Delivery Driver,
- Customer Service Supervisor,
- Temporary Customer Service Supervisor,
- Field Sales Manager,
- Temporary Non-Food Manager
If you are looking to utilise your experience in more local driving and being a key member of our delivery team – this may be the role for you. Working 38 hours per week you will enjoy a varied role driving locally as well as building relationships with our regular customers. You will be required to load cages and pallets at the branch and unload them at customer premises.
Customer Service Supervisor
- Ensure that the team complies with legal standards and company procedures at all times.
- Ensuring that your team are fully trained in cash handling to minimise losses
- Control debt and recover overdue or failed payments from customers
- Responsible for accurate and timely payroll records are maintained.
- You will engage with customers to prevent or resolve customer issues and complaints, utilising their feedback to improve customer service and satisfaction
- Liaising with other department Supervisors to monitor orders for delivery
- Managing a team of customer-focused individuals throughout reception and checkout areas
Makro Application Form
At Makro, vacancies are therefore available mostly all the time for hourly entry-level positions. You could begin with a simple location-based search. Makro job application form can be filled online only where you can build your resume, however, students and entry-level operators don’t need prior experience.
It has a wide range of departments from manufacturing to retailing, so check them out before filling the Makro job application form online.
Makro Job Application Process
You can learn the Makro job application process by following the steps below. There are similar processes for candidates who apply to Makro online or in person.
- The first thing we missed when applying for a job is the preparation of a resume and cover letter. In general, when applying, we apply with a CV that is out-of-date. Even though we do not know this, we are making this mistake. Makro wants you to fill in all the steps you need from your CV. If you have, add references absolutely.
- Job Applications. You can apply for Makro online, by e-mail, or in person. Whichever job you apply for, make sure that you apply the Makro specific instructions to make the application.
- Tests. When applying online for Makro, you can have a short test. Depending on the answers you have, you will be approved or rejected. This test generally controls your ethical values and compliance with working conditions.
- Interview. If you are in the Makro interview phase, you will have a phone call or a face-to-face conversation with the recruitment staff or manager. They will give you the information you need before you accept them.
- In the last stage, Makro makes a job offer. If you have adopted Makro work facilities, you can accept this offer. Otherwise you may want some time to think. If you accept the job you will start the management process and you will be promised to start the job on the date officially agreed.