Network Rail is a British nonprofit limited company that belongs to the Government of the United Kingdom’s Department of Transport. The main office of the company is in London, England. The railroad network of the United Kingdom had been operated by private corporations until 1994. Railtrack managed the network between 1994 and 2002 and in 2002, Network Rail took the charge. Today the majority of the railroads in England, Scotland and Wales belong to the company. That is, Network manages 20 thousand miles of railroad, over 30 thousand tunnels and bridges and more than 2500 train stations. As of 2020, there were more than 42 thousand people working for the company.
Network Rail Application Online
In 2018, Network Rail continues to offer career opportunities for many positions. Network Rail was employment opportunities for all its departments in the past year, and aims to continue this with new stores. You can continue reading to download the printable application form and to apply online.
Network Rail owns, manages and develops Britain’s railway – the 20,000 miles of track, 40,000 bridges and viaducts, and the thousands of signals, level crossings and stations (the largest of which we also run). In partnership with train operators we help people take more than 1.6bn journeys by rail every year – double the number of 1996 – and move hundreds of millions of tonnes of freight, saving almost 8m lorry journeys. We’re investing £38bn in the railway by 2019 to deliver more frequent, more reliable, safer services and brighter and better stations.
Network Rail Job Vacancies And Opportunities
There are a lot of job opportunities at Network Rail. Being a popular and fast growing company destination, there is always a need for skilled and interesting professionals at Network Rail. Interested candidates can get placed in this organization on the basis of their merits.
There are many full time and past time Network Rail jobs. Many young and experienced candidates get good jobs at Network Rail every year.
- Application – depending on the job, you will be asked to either complete an application or submit a CV. Directions on how to apply for a position will be on the job advertisement. If you are selected for interview, we will contact you to arrange a time and place for us to meet. If you are not selected for interview, we will inform you by email.
- Interview – the interview and interview questions will be designed around the role for which you are applying. You will be asked criteria-based questions which will help us to assess your skills, behaviours and capabilities. You will also be asked safety questions, as keeping people safe on the railway is at the heart of everything we do. Please ensure you are familiar with our Safety Vision and Lifesaving Rules.
- Assessments – if required for the job, we will ask you to come to one of our assessment centres. We tailor our assessment methods to each role and may use self-assessment tests, verbal and numerical tests and psychometric tests.
Network Rail Application Form
At Network Rail job vacancies are therefore available mostly all the time for hourly entry-level positions. You could begin with a simple location-based search. Network Rail job application form can be filled online only where you can build your resume, however, students and entry-level operators don’t need prior experience.
It has a wide range of departments from manufacturing to retailing, so check them out before filling Network Rail job application online.
Senior Solutions Consultant
The Senior Solutions Consultant role is to provide pre-sales and post-sales business and technical consultancy to existing and prospective customers, capturing insightful business requirement, preparing outline solutions aligned to Network Rail Telecom (NRT) product portfolio, architectures and policies.
About the role (External)
- Engage with NRT’s customers/clients to understand the business requirements/problem statements and translate these to standard products and services.
- Design solutions directly for NRT customers and check that the solutions proposed align with the as-is and to-be network architecture and strategy, liaising with NRT Network Architecture if the solution is non-standard.
- Manage stakeholder understanding and expectation regarding the solution; confirming functionality meets business needs in-line with the business plan and whole life cost model.
- Provide technical solutions consultancy to telecoms related projects as required, preparing tenders, proposals and quotations.
- Identify opportunities for the implementation of technical improvements that add value to the business through achievement of ‘better, faster, cheaper’ services.
- Work with Product Management and Technology & Innovation to enhance the product portfolio based on industry understanding and the needs of the customer base.
- Work in conjunction with approved suppliers to understand product road mapping and impact of end of life products to provide seamless integration into the environment.
- Support the quote and order processing by providing clarity on the customer requirements in-line with the “right first time” Service Delivery approach. Provide technical coaching and mentoring where required.
Application Link; Official Site.