Smyths is an international retailer chain of toys. It was founded in Claremorris, Ireland in 1986. Smyths is operated by four brothers with the surname. Although it has its main office in Galway, Ireland, there are Smyths offices in Belfast and London as well. The company obtained Toys “R” Us shops in Germany, Austria and Switzerland in 2018 and renamed them Smyths in 2019. Its profit last year was almost 1.5 billion Euros, which is yielded from more than 200 stores in Ireland, the United Kingdom, Germany, Austria and Switzerland. There are 83 Smyths stores in Great Britain.
Smyths is a unique business and that uniqueness comes from honesty and energy here that allows its people to shine which both the customers and suppliers of this store chain love. It is genuine, real, down to earth and the people at the stores are proud and passionate about being part of the Smyths family. Besides, Smyths knows that entry-level employees are at the heart of our business and success so the management encourages them to play their part, showcasing their skills and passion. Working at a Smyths store is a journey that is full of excitement. Become a part of a hopefully long journey; join Smyths now!
Smyths Application Online
In 2021, Smyths continues to offer career opportunities for many positions. Smyths was employment opportunities for all its departments in the past year and aims to continue this with new stores. You can continue reading to download the printable application form and to apply online.
How do I apply for a job at Smyths online?
- Go to the official career website of Smyths.
- Click on the “Mainland UK Vacancies” to proceed with your application process.
- Choose a category and a job location to customize your research in your next steps.
- A list of jobs will be seen below the page. Look into detail and choose one of the jobs suitable and interesting for you. Click on the name of the jobs.
- Further information will be provided for you to evaluate the job for your future career plans. If you like the job, click on the “Apply Now” button.
- There will be an application form on the next page. Fill out the application form by providing your personal information. You also need to upload your resume at the bottom of the page.
- Click on the “Submit” button to finalize your application process and send it to the authorities of the company.
Minimum age to work Smyths: The age limit is 16 years or older.
Working Time: Varies depending on the position.
Smyths Job Vacancies And Opportunities
There are a lot of job opportunities at Smyths. Being a popular and fast-growing company destination, there is always a need for skilled and interesting professionals at Smyths. Interested candidates can get placed in this organization on the basis of their merits.
There are many full-time and part-time jobs at Smyths. Many young and experienced candidates get good jobs at Smyths every year.
Smyths Available Positions
- Sales Assistants, Part Time – Full Time
- Warehouse Operative
- You will be solely responsible for maintaining high standards in the warehouse, including lifting heavy stock and operating heavy machinery. Manual handling and forklift training will be provided, the applicant will be required to travel for 4 days for training. Accommodation and food will be provided.
- Working under a manager, you will be left to your own devices to organise departmental stock into the allocated shelf space.
- Managing damaged stock will be required to repair and build stock.
- Organising and managing deliveries throughout the year, preparing them for shop floor staff to merchandise them. Including unboxing stock and preparing it to go on the shop floor.
- You will be required at certain times of the year to help with shop floor duties.
- You will be provided with an 8-hour contract, often working more and up to 40 hours per week.
- Applicants must be fully flexible.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: £7.70 /hour
Smyths Application Form
At Smyths job vacancies are therefore available mostly all the time for hourly entry-level positions. You could begin with a simple location-based search. Smyths job application form can be filled online only where you can build your resume, however, students and entry-level operators don’t need prior experience.
It has a wide range of departments from manufacturing to retailing, so check them out before submitting a Smyths job application online.
Application Link; Official Site.
Smyths Job Application Process
You can learn the Smyths job application process by following the steps below. There are similar processes for candidates who apply to Smyths online or in person.
- The first thing we missed when applying for a job is the preparation of a resume and cover letter. In general, when applying, we apply with a CV that is out-of-date. Even though we do not know this, we are making this mistake. Smyths wants you to fill in all the steps you need from your CV. If you have, add references absolutely.
- Job Applications. You can apply for Smyths online, by e-mail, or in person. Whichever job you apply for, make sure that you apply the Smyths specific instructions to make the application.
- Tests. When applying online for Smyths, you can have a short test. Depending on the answers you have, you will be approved or rejected. This test generally controls your ethical values and compliance with working conditions.
- Interview. If you are in the Smyths interview phase, you will have a phone call or a face-to-face conversation with the recruitment staff or manager. They will give you the information you need before you accept them.
- In the last stage, Smyths makes a job offer. If you have adopted Smyths work facilities, you can accept this offer. Otherwise you may want some time to think. If you accept the job you will start the management process and you will be promised to start the job on the date officially agreed.
Smyths Job Vacancies & Opportunities
Since Smyths provides toys, they need a lot of people on a regular basis to work with them. This gives rise to many job opportunities for interested people. If you are one of those who like to work for Smyths, you have many good opportunities. At Smyths, there always a need for people who are dedicated to their work. This is the reason why Smyths would like to know more about you. If you are willing to work in a fun environment, this is the best place for you. With so many kids enjoying their toys from Smyths, this company is surely getting better with every year. You can have the best career with Smyths. People are interested in working at a place like Smyths. Now, they can make it a reality.
Smyths Job Application Process
To get a job at Smyths, you should submit a proper job application. There are various important things that you must mention in your application. These include your qualifications, past experiences and the position you are applying for. With all this information, it will be easy for Smyths to consider you for a job. You must apply in such a way that your application is easy to understand for everyone.
Smyths Salary Info
Sales Associate: A sales associate pushes the sales of the company further. To be a sales associate, you should motivate and have knowledge of sales.
Shop Floor Assistant: As the name suggests, the shop floor assistant performs various duties on the floor it is assigned. This helps in keeping the floor functioning in the best possible way.
- Sales Associate – Hourly £8
- Sales Assistant – Hourly £8
- Store Assistant – Hourly £8
- Retail Assistant – Hourly Contractor £8
- Customer Assistant – Hourly £8