IKEA is an international holding company of furniture and house decoration. It is the biggest furniture designer and wholesaler in the world since 2008. The company has its headquarters in Delft, Netherlands. The name IKEA is an acronym, made up of the first letters of the founder’s name, his family farm Elmtaryd and his hometown village Agunnaryd. It was established by Ingvar Kampard in Sweden in 1943 when he was only 17 years old. Today, IKEA serves with its 433 stores in 52 countries around the world, with around 219,000 employees. Besides its physical stores, the company has more than 12,000 items being sold on its online store, with more than 2.1 billion visitors in a year. There are 27 IKEA stores in the United Kingdom.
IKEA is the best and the most known homeware, hobby, furniture retail chain in the entire world, and in the United Kingdom. Their products are of very high quality, the many things you can do at an IKEA franchise are huge. The store employee team of IKEA are usually very kind and helpful people too. For this reason, you will be very much pleased to work at IKEA at all times. Join the IKEA family today!
How to Apply
- Go to the official career website of IKEA that shows the job opportunities for job applicants living in Great Britain.
- On this page, click on the “Search available jobs” button to continue your process.
- There is a filter part you can use to customize your search. You can choose your work area, employment type, region/state, and your city. Click on the “Search” button after choosing these ones.
- You can also click on the “Clear all filters” button to clear your preferences to start your search from the beginning.
- There will be a list of jobs below the page. You are able to see the location, the department and the time of the job. Click on the arrow sign on the right to proceed with your application.
- You will be provided with further information on the next page. Read it carefully and if you are still interested, click on the “Apply for this job” button on the left top of the page.
- You can also click on the “Save for Later” button to favorite the position to evaluate it later on.
- You need to sign in to proceed. If you don’t have an account, click on the “Register Now” button to create one.
- You need to fill your application form with your personal information on the next page. Upload your CV with an appropriate photo on it.
- You are now ready to finalize your application by submitting it. Wait for further notification about feedback if it is will turn out to be positive or not.
IKEA Application Online
In 2018, IKEA continues to offer career opportunities for many positions. IKEA was employment opportunities for all its departments in the past year, and aims to continue this with new stores. You can continue reading to download the printable application form and to apply online.
IKEA company is a multinational corporation headquartered in the Netherlands. The company specializes in designing and selling home accessories, kitchen appliances, and ready to assemble furniture.
Since it was founded in 1943, it has become the world’s largest retail furniture and has been recognized for the Scandinavian style of furniture it produces. Its stores are located worldwide, and they include cafes and restaurants typically serving Swedish food.
IKEA also has food shops selling grocery items from Sweden’s famous meatballs and jam.
IKEA Job Vacancies And Opportunities
There are a lot of job opportunities at IKEA. Being a popular and fast-growing company destination, there is always a need for skilled and interesting professionals at IKEA. Interested candidates can get placed in this organization on the basis of their merits.
There are many full-time and part-time jobs at IKEA. Many young and experienced candidates get nice jobs at IKEA every year.
IKEA Available Positions
Since this company has store locations all over the world, it is continuously seeking to hire new employees for both career-focused and entry-level duties to work in various positions.
The job vacancies are both part-time and full time and being an international company with stores around the world getting a job anywhere any time will be easier. The job positions that are currently available in the company include.
- Stock controller
- Customer service manager
- Kitchen production team manager
- Replenishment Manager
- Receiving team leader
- Call center worker
- Operation Manager
- Restaurant team leader
- Sales Associate
Customer Relations- Checkouts Team Leader together we’ll make a great team. The aim is to motivate our customers to shop with us more frequently because they trust us to make their shopping experiences successful and their visits worthwhile. Every customer counts.
It is essential that: You have experience in customer service and must be customer-focused You have the ability to work with a Team You have experience of working in a high volume, fast-paced retail environment You have the ability to use and take personal initiatives and to make considered decisions You are computer literate Additional information: Permanent 39 Contract Hours Growing together The IKEA Group is a world leader in the home furnishing business.
IKEA Application Form
At IKEA job vacancies are therefore available mostly all the time for hourly entry-level positions. You could begin with a simple location-based search. IKEA job application form can be filled online only where you can build your resume, however, students and entry-level operators don’t need prior experience.
It has a wide range of departments from manufacturing to retailing, so check them out before filling IKEA job application online.
IKEA job application. Learn about the application process. Career & Job vacancies. Check out the IKEA job application form/pdf and apply for today’s job openings online.
IKEA Job Application Process
You can learn the IKEA job application process by following the steps below. There are similar processes for candidates who apply to IKEA online or in person.
- The first thing we missed when applying for a job is the preparation of a resume and cover letter. In general, when applying, we apply with a CV that is out-of-date. Even though we do not know this, we are making this mistake. IKEA wants you to fill in all the steps you need from your CV. If you have, add references absolutely.
- Job Applications. You can apply for IKEA online, by e-mail, or in person. Whichever job you apply for, make sure that you apply the IKEA specific instructions to make the application.
- Tests. When applying online for IKEA, you can have a short test. Depending on the answers you have, you will be approved or rejected. This test generally controls your ethical values and compliance with working conditions.
- Interview. If you are in the IKEA interview phase, you will have a phone call or a face-to-face conversation with the recruitment staff or manager. They will give you the information you need before you accept them.
- In the last stage, IKEA makes a job offer. If you have adopted IKEA work facilities, you can accept this offer. Otherwise you may want some time to think. If you accept the job you will start the management process and you will be promised to start the job on the date officially agreed.
IKEA Online Hiring
IKEA company provides you with a comprehensive and straightforward way of finding the job you are interested in by building your profile on its website.
When you’ve created your profile, you can now apply for the job position you desire and also be updated on the current jobs available.
This may be a relief to you because you won’t have to walk yourself to the company’s store that is near you.
Minimum age to work at IKEA: The age limit is 16 years or older.
Working Time: Varies depending on the position.
Printable Application Form(PDF/DOC): Unavailable
IKEA employment and career opportunities
IKEA company offers its employees a range of employment benefits upon hiring. Apart from excellent pay rate packages, workers also get attractive benefits, and some of them include.
- Flexible working scheduling hours
- Opportunity for advancement
- Medical insurance cover, e.g., dental and vision
- Employees discount
- Paid vacations and time off
- A retirement savings plan paid by the employers
- Sick pay and leave pay