Barnardo’s is a foundation that is based in the United Kingdom. The main office of the foundation is in London, England. Barnardo’s serve in the United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, Australia and New Zealand. It is the biggest charity for children in the United Kingdom. Barnardo’s was established in 1886 by Thomas John Barnardo to help children in need. In 1905, when the founder died, the charity was taking care of more than 8000 in 96 locations. In 2019, Barnardo’s helped more than 360,000 people in need, including children and adults at over 800 locations that it operates. There are more than 7800 employees working for the charity to run together with over 14 thousand monthly volunteers.
Barnardo’s Job Application Online
Barnardo’s will take on personal
According to the information from and notifications of Human Resources Department of Barnardo’s Company, you can search for Barnardo’s recruitment notices and get information about the firm, as a result,
apply for a job, from our website.
Minimum age to work Barnardo’s: Age limit is 16 years or older.
Working Time: Varies depending on the position.
Available Positions: Store Associate, Retail Van Driver, Sunday Store Associate, Branch Retail Manager, Sales Assistant, Branch Retail Manager.
Printable Application Form(PDF/DOC): Available: download
Application References: Click
Jobs at Barnardo’s
Barnardo’s employs a total of around 8,000 staff across the UK in a range of roles, from being a part of one of our many projects working with children in greatest need, to working in I.T. or finance.
Jobs for All
Whether you are just starting out on your career – having just finished school, college or university – or you already have experience working in the voluntary, public or private sectors, Barnardo’s can offer you a position where your strengths, enthusiasm and skills will be rewarded and appreciated in many different ways.
Many people think that working for Barnardo’s will only involve working with children, families and young people. Although we offer many opportunities to do this, there is a whole range of other functions and services that support our vital work. For instance, there are openings in fundraising, on the retail side in Barnardo’s shops, human resources, IT, marketing and finance.
BARNARDO’S EMPLOYEES – KNOW YOUR BENEFITS
Salary and leave
- Salary is paid in arrears in 12 equal instalments on the 23rd of each month. Salaries are normally reviewed annually
- Annual Leave entitlement for full-time employees is 26 days per annum
- Option to purchase up to 5 additional days of annual leave
- Pension Schemes: Barnardo’s makes an employer’s contribution into the plan for all employees with a BRSP pension. Life assurance cover in the event of a death in service is provided = 4 x salary as a ‘death in service’ lump sum
- Maternity Leave/Pay for employees with the relevant qualifying service, equivalent to 50% of normal weekly pay for 12 weeks
- Adoption Leave: up to 52 weeks for a new adoptive parent
- Fostering Leave: up to 52 weeks for new foster parents with relevant qualifying service
- Parental Leave: eligible employees are entitled to 18 weeks unpaid leave to be taken taken within five years of birth/ adoption (or 18th birthday for parents of a child with a disability)
- Shared Parental Leave (from 5th April 2015): eligible employees will be able to share up to a maximum of 50 weeks leave and 37 weeks’ pay following the birth/adoption of child
- Additional Leave such as bereavement or domestic leave is available
- Sickness Absence Barnardo’s is required to make statutory sickness payments (SSP) where staff qualify. We also have our own sick pay scheme, including full pay for a period subject to certain conditions
- Work/life balance – Barnardo’s offers a number of policies to help support employees to achieve a work/ life balance
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP): a confidential counselling and information service
- Travel season ticket loan: interest free for up to £1,860 per annum
- Salary sacrifice arrangements available for paying for home technology, phones, health screening and work-related learning
- Cycle to Work Scheme: buy a bike and/or safety equipment up to £1,000 on a tax efficient basis for the purpose of going to and from work
- Trade union recognition: Barnardo’s has a recognition agreement with UNISON
- Equality and diversity – a number of groups and forums exist throughout Barnardo’s which provide support to those that identify with them
- Voluntary health care cash plans and private medical insurance (under review)
- Childcare vouchers
- Barnardo’s Shops offer employees a 20% discount
- Choice Discount Stores: 10% off all merchandise
- Merlin Entertainments: big discounts available e.g. Alton Towers, Legoland
- Haven Privilege Holiday Club: holiday parks across the UK at corporate rates
- Hotel accommodation: stay at a number of hotels in UK at a discount rate
- Show Pairs: discounted London theatre tickets for West End shows
- Barkingside Discounts: various offers from local retailers